Sunday, August 16, 2009

Safeway deals

I was super glad that Money Saving Mom posted the deal about Fruit snacks at Safeway HERE.

I did 4 different transactions to make sure the Catalina deal didn't overlap...which meant I had to have $20 in each transaction before coupons because the in-add coupons require that.
Here is an example of one transaction:
1
4 Fruit snacks 8.00
4 Cheerios 10.00
All detergent 3.99
2 Velveeta cups 2.50
Used in-add Safeway coupons: $4 off fruit snacks, $4 off cheerios, .50 off All, .46 off Velveeta.
MC: 4- .40 fruit snacks, 2- 1.00/2 Cheerios, $1.50 (Catalina) off All, BOGO Velveeta (1.59)
PLUS: I got a $2.50 Catalina for purchasing fruit snacks, and a $1 for buying 2 Velveeta cups.
=Fruit snacks were Free, Cheerios $1 each, All detergent $2.00, Velveeta cups .55 overage
In all I spent $35 on all this stuff, which is pretty good considering the chicken strips were $12, and the laundry detergent was $7, and the Sun dried tomatoes were $5.

I forgot to mention that I earned $4 for my school with box tops, and if I use the redemption code at Safeway between Sept 18 and Oct 16 I can donate 10% of what I spent back to the school (on the receipt it says I spent $61 on qualifying purchases which would be another $6.10 to the school. Not only did I get a lot of the food for free, I also earned over $10 for my school!!

No comments: