Saturday, July 25, 2009

Office Supplies

After dropping off my recycling in another town, I stopped at Office Depot and Staples on the way home to take advantage of some deals.
Office Depot

I read about some free after rebate items online, but it was really hard to read the fine print and after getting to the store I realized it said "must buy $10 in non-rebate purchases" or something like that. I HATE those little qualifications.
After finding the Labeler I have been wanting and using a $10off $50 coupon, I got my labeler for the original price, and after rebates and the coupon- everything else is free. I got a binder, six notebooks, highlighters, pencils, cold pills, picture frame, 2 pkgs. of Thank you notes, magnet clips, stapler, and my labeler.
Not one of my best transactions...but OK for how much I could have planned.

Staples

I got these things free after rebate (and I used a $1.00 coupon which covered tax). I like Staples a lot. Their Easy Rebates take a while to get to you...but you can do it all online. I was frustrated earlier this week because as a "Teacher" rewards member I didn't think I would be able to get a backpack -free after rewards that was advertised in their add. I e-mailed them on Sunday and I didn't get a response until Saturday...which left it too late to actually go to town and get one (plus they were probably gone). That said, I will continue to shop at Staples because of the friendly employees and good deals they offer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good deals!
Gotta get ready for school!
MOM

Jana said...

Great buys and fantastic deal. I can't live without office supply products. Well, Staples and Office Depot both are my favorite stores.