Tuesday, May 5, 2009

shopping lately..

My plan was to get some great Cinco De Mayo deals, but I didn't end up getting anything related to that.

I went to Chick-fil-A and got 3 free chicken strips (because I am a teacher and it is teacher appreciation week), I also got a free chicken sandwich because of a coupon we got at school last month. (I went through the drive through twice because the coupon said one coupon per visit):)
Next I went to Staples. They were out of the label maker and the post-it notes I wanted, but I still got 2 reams of paper ($1 each after rebate), Chocolates (free after rebate), Glitter shapes (.50 each), Pens (free after coupons). So all this was $3.
I went to Target and got a few things. Only one that I care to photograph- mineral eye shadow for .12 after coupon. The other two things I got in the mail today (free samples I signed up for).
This is what I got at Safeway last weekend. I spent $17.81 after coupons. I got $10 Catalina back, and I will submit a rebate for $2.39. So this cost me $5.42.
Oh, and if your bored and want something to read...I LOVED this post from a husband of a frugal shoppers perspective.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good deals again!
I had fun reading that husband's blog. That was funny!
Happy couponing!
MOM